TEFL Help Desk

Goldstart TEFL guidance and help for choosing the best TEFL course for you

TEFL Help Desk General FAQs

The TEFL Help Desk covers general questions about Goldstart TEFL courses and which one is the best TEFL course for you. However, if you have more questions, don’t hesitate to contact us, and one of our student advisors will be happy to help you.

TEFL Help Desk General FAQs List

Which course is best for me?

Goldstart TEFL runs two courses; the CertTESOL and the CertTESOL Plus.

The core content of both courses is the same. The difference is that the CertTESOL Plus has trainer support, so you get assessed and receive feedback from your course trainer.

The CertTESOL is good if you already have some teaching experience because you will know how to manage a classroom. In addition, the CertTESOL will teach you the TESOL and TEFL skills you need to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) or as a second language (TESOL).

The CertTESOL Plus is good if you have little or no teaching experience. The CertTESOL will teach you the TESOL and TEFL skills you need to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) or as a second language (TESOL). You also get trainer support. This means that you write assignments for your trainer to assess and comment on. Part of your final course assessment is planning and teaching three practice classes, writing up a report for each, and submitting each report to your trainer for assessment and feedback.



Are your courses TEFL or TESOL?

You are in luck! Goldstart TEFL courses are dual certification in TESOL and TEFL.

All Goldstart TEFL courses give you dual certification in TESOL and TEFL, so you can apply for all English teaching jobs and work in any classroom.

Who accredits your courses?

Goldstart TEFL is accredited, externally checked and approved by the prestigious British American International TEFL Accreditation Council.

Do I need teaching experience to take a course?

No. Goldstart TEFL runs two courses, the CertTESOL and the CertTESOL Plus. If you have no teaching experience, we recommend the CertTESOL Plus course because it trains you to teach English and includes trainer support. If you have had some teaching experience, we recommend the CertTESOL course because it concentrates on improving your existing teaching skills.

How do I apply to take a course?

You must apply to take the CertTESOL Plus and CertTESOL courses.

  1. Choose your course.
  2. Please fill out and submit the APPLY NOW application form (next to your chosen course).
  3. We review your application.
  4. We will tell you within two working days if you are accepted to take your chosen course.
  5. If you are accepted, you get an email from Goldstart explaining how to start the course.
  6. You must be at least 18 years old to start the course and have a C1 (or equivalent) level of English.
What are the course entry requirements?

The CertTESOL and CertTESOL Plus courses are open to anyone fluent in English or interested in becoming an English language teacher. You should be at least 18 years old, you should have completed secondary education up to the age of 18. Your English skills should be good enough (ideally CEFR level C1) for you to a) understand the course material and b) feel confident about teaching the English language.

Can I teach English overseas?

Your Goldstart CertTESOL certificate can be used to start teaching English anywhere in the world. You can submit it when you make visa applications. Your Goldstart CertTESOL certificate suits all English language schools that accept TEFL certificates.

Can I teach English online?

Goldstart TEFL courses include instruction about using ZOOM as an online classroom. You can teach English online from the comfort of your own home. Your Goldstart CertTESOL certificate suits all online English language schools that accept online TEFL certificates. Here is a list of some online English schools, All Right, Cambly, Dada, EF English First, First Future, GoGoKid, Italki, iTutorGroup, Landi, Learnlight, Lingoda, Magic Ears, Open English, Palfish, Preply, QKids, SayABC, Skima Talk, Verbling, VIPKid, VIPX and Whales English.

What payments do I have to make and how do I pay?

There is only one fee payment. You pay when you enrol. You may start the course when the payment is complete. The course fee includes your online TEFL course, all the downloadable teaching material in the CertTESOL course and your digital certificate. If you want a hard copy (printed version) of your certificate, you can buy it after passing the course. With the advance of technology, printed certificates are no longer mandatory, so you decide whether or not you want to order a hard copy certificate. Goldstart TEFL processes all payments using Stripe.

How do I get a copy of my certificate?

You get your Goldstart CertTESOL or CertTESOL Plus when you pass. You can download and print your certificate from the online course. If you want a hardcopy version of your certificate mailed to you, contact us for more details.

What information is shown on my certificate?

Your ITEFLAC accredited certificate contains the following information: the name of the certificate, your name, the date you got your certificate, information about what you completed, the number of hours you studied, the Goldstart TEFL name and logo, the signature of the Goldstart TEFL Managing Director and a QR code allowing access to an authentication web page to verify your certificate.

Can I get my certificate apostilled?

Yes, you can. Here is more information on the ITEFLAC website.

Apply Now

Become a TESOL and TEFL Certified English Teacher

ITEFLAC quality assured dual certification TESOL and TEFL courses